Clothing plays an important role in the lives of those affected by EB as much as people with normal skin. You can contribute much to your personal wellbeing when the clothing is comfortable and conforms to your personal taste.
On the other hand, special demands on the material are required in EB. Due to the resultng friction, there can also be problems from rough seams, fasteners, etc.
Important points in a nutshell
- Soft and breathable materials are more suitable.
- Avoid rough labels, tight elastic, and seams.
- Small aids can enhance the independence when dressing and undressing.
- If necessary use UV-protective clothing in summer.
- Special materials such as Dermasilk may be helpful.
- Ensure that your footwear is soft and breathable.