The mission of the EB House Austria
The EB House Austria is the world’s first comprehensive specialist clinic for diagnosis, treatment, research and training in the field of EB.
This makes the EB House
- a central contact point where medical care (EB Outpatient Clinic), research (EB Research Unit), clinical studies (EB Study Centre) and training and further education (EB Academy) are closely networked and housed under one roof,
- an institution in which best-practice approaches for the treatment and counselling of EB patients are developed, applied and optimised – also in exchanges of information with specialists at home and abroad.
- a research centre where state-of-the-art research results are sought and which cooperates with the world’s best EB researchers, with the clear objectives of alleviating and curing EB.
- a platform and physical hub for networking, exchanging experiences and training & further education for EB patients, their relatives, physicians, medical specialists, scientists and anyone who is interested in EB.
- an institution which remains in close contact with comparable centres and EB specialists in the EU and around the world.
- the first Centre of Expertise for Rare Diseases in Austria and part of the European Reference Network for Rare Skin Diseases.
The management of the EB House is carried out jointly by the Head of the University Clinic for Dermatology of the Paracelsus Medical Private University (PMU) and the Chairman of DEBRA Austria. All personnel and material costs are financed exclusively by donations. The organisational chart below (as of 2019) provides an overview.