The mission of the EB House Austria
The EB House Austria is the world’s first comprehensive specialised clinic for diagnosis, treatment, research and training in the field of EB.
This makes the EB House
- a central contact point where medical care (EB Outpatient Clinic), research (EB Research Unit), clinical studies (EB Study Centre) and training and further education (EB Academy) are closely networked and housed under one roof,
- an institution in which best-practice approaches for the treatment and counselling of EB patients are developed, applied and optimised – also in exchanges of information with specialists at home and abroad.
- a research centre where state-of-the-art research results are sought and which cooperates with the world’s best EB researchers, with the clear objectives of alleviating and curing EB.
- a platform and physical hub for networking, exchanging experiences and training & further education for EB patients, their relatives, physicians, medical specialists, scientists and anyone who is interested in EB.
- an institution which remains in close contact with comparable centres and EB specialists in the EU and around the world.
- the first Centre of Expertise for Rare Diseases in Austria and part of the European Reference Network for Rare Skin Diseases.
The management of the EB House is carried out jointly by the Head of the University Clinic for Dermatology of the Paracelsus Medical Private University (PMU) and the Chairman of DEBRA Austria. All personnel and material costs are financed exclusively by donations. The organisational chart below (as of 2019) provides an overview.
ISO 9001 Certification
Certification according to ISO 9001 is a globally recognized proof of competence and performance for customers - in our case patients - but also for cooperation partners, stakeholders and suppliers. In addition, such a quality management system (QMS) serves the employees as a valuable instrument for quality assurance and for a continuous improvement processes.
In October 2019, as part of a 2-day audit, all four departments of the EB-Haus were audited according to the criteria for an ISO 9001 certification. The audit was successfully completed. The high level of professional competence of all employees, the good communication with patients and their relatives as well as the already existing high quality awareness were especially emphasized. The certificate confirms the establishment of effective quality assurance and sustainable quality management at the EB House.